Past Events

Wells Town Tennis Club courts were given to the town in May 1947 by Florence Smith, who lived in Mayshiel on Staithe Street, Wells.  Mary Bircham, our then President,  was asked by the Urban District Council to start a club to run the courts in 1962. 

In 2008 the club completed a refurbishment project which cost over £32,000 and grant funding was obtained from The Foundation for Sport and the Arts and Awards for All. Donations were also received from Barclays Bank, The Wells Area Partnership, Wells Masons, Wells Lions, Wells Carnival Committee, Sowerbys, Stockers, French's Fish Shop and generous members of the public.  Club members also undertook many successful fund raising events to ensure that the project funding was achieved.

The Big Society National Lottery Award Foundation for Sport and the Arts Award